Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) for Addiction Treatment
For those struggling with drug and alcohol addiction, getting the help you need may seem like a long battle. The highly-trained professionals at True Recovery are here to help, and our Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) are designed to help you on your recovery journey.
What is Outpatient Therapy?
Intensive Outpatient Treatment (commonly referred to as IOP for “Intensive Outpatient Program”) is a treatment program for those that do not require a medically-supervised detox, or for those that have completed a drug or alcohol residential rehab but wish to continue with intensive aftercare.
An IOP allows you to receive treatment while living off-site and regularly visiting an addiction treatment campus. Admission to and successful completion of these types of programs can depend your particular circumstances, including the severity of addiction, type of drug abuse, and treatment history.
At True Recovery, we offer unique and individualized intensive outpatient programs that allow you to work on your recovery and move toward your life goals, while also maintaining a sense of control over your professional and personal life.
Is an IOP Right for Me?
IOPs may be ideal for:
- Individuals who do not wish to participate in a residential program, but are still strongly committed to their addiction recovery
- Individuals who may have slipped up and are seeking to regain a foothold in recovery after a brief relapse
- Those who have completed residential treatment and need structured support as they cope with a relapse or make their transition back to independent living
- Substance abusers with a dual diagnosis, as they may graduate to outpatient programs as their needs change
- Clients who do not need to go through, or have already completed, a detoxification process
How does an IOP Work?
At True Recovery, you will undergo an initial assessment and psychiatric evaluation to determine if you are an IOP candidate. You will then devote some time to regimented recovery activities through individualized or group process therapy, such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), and other proven methods.
Those who undergo IOP treatment are typically assigned to small groups of peers and skilled professionals, who then serve as your primary support network. Together, you work toward sobriety, build self-esteem, and learn important life skills.
Benefits of an IOP
Lifelong recovery is possible with an IOP since it provides the following benefits:
- It allows the client to maintain their family, work, and educational commitments. IOP programs are only part-time, which means clients can continue to go to work, be with their friends and family, and live a normal life while undergoing treatment.
- It gives clients suffering from severe addiction or mental health issues a structured program to help continue their recovery after residential treatment.
- A balance between day-to-day life and normal daily activities help the client cope even after the IOP has been completed.
How is True Recovery’s IOP Different?
At True Recovery, groups are kept small to ensure that you get the individualized care that you deserve. Since every addiction is different, you will follow a customized treatment plan designed by highly-trained professionals who can determine the underlying causes of the substance abuse and develop a treatment plan.
In addition, our goal-focused approach is unique. We encourage you to work toward a dream you might not have thought possible, such as furthering your education, starting on a new career path, or rebuilding relationships with family and friends, and use this goal to motivate your recovery.
With the help of supportive peers and our compassionate team, you can transform yourself and adopt personal philosophies that can serve as the bedrock of the rest of your life. Contact us today to get started or give us a call at (866) 399-6528.